the cosmic background - watercolour illustration


They say practice makes perfect but I think it actually makes you better. When I started loving space more and more and began reading and learning about the physics of the Universe, I thought I could never recreate the beautiful images of galaxies and nebulae I was seeing in my astronomy books. But then again, I was never even trying. So one day, by accident, I wanted to paint an ombre carpet in one of my illustrations, and as I was laying the colour down, it kind of looked like one of those red gas clouds from space. So I went ahead and made it look like a piece of the universe. And so it began... Watercolour nebulae and galaxies. I am hooked.


After that, I was challenged with painting starry skies, auroras and then I started pushing myself to paint more nebulae in watercolours. It's not easy but I'm still learning. So this illustration was another learning experience, I made it as a poster background for the Game Girls project I had with Corphack.

The Cosmic Background - watercolour on paper | 42x2,7 cm

Comments

Popular Posts