the lion tamer


I've been getting a lot of commissions from people lately, that want portraits, like the ones I've been posting lately in my creatures with features series. So, when I received this project, I was glad to step out of the box a little. Well, step into my other box, the one with fashion illustration. 

The lion tamer - commission - watercolour on paper | 29,7 x 21 cm

I had to paint a lady lion-tamer with a classic look but still a bit sexy. The circus theme reminded me a bit of my first collection, Carnivale. It was really fun to do and I hope it will motivate me to do even more illustrations in the fashion department, something that I always wanted to pursue further. And I promised myself I'll start this project this year and really focus on it.




Comments

Popular Posts