the anatomy book - custom book cover design

 The Anatomy Book  |  front cover (above) & back cover (below)
watercolour, markers & fineline pen on hardbook cover | A4
...
| theme: monster, anatomical drawings, organs
| colour scheme: blue, red


When I received this project, I thought it was one of the coolest challenges I've gotten, as far as customisations go. I had to design and paint an anatomy book that was part of a gift for a future medical student. To think that a future doctor will have this book to remind him of his beginnings, and for me to have a small part to do with it, is just awesome. I'm really proud of this project and it has given me a very good inspiration kick.


The main themes were a day of the dead skull and anatomical monsters. I used reds and blues, to resemble the diagrams and illustrations from a typical anatomy book and also tried to keep that significant graphic style with my creatures. The skull was just watercolours and graphic details. 





See more photos "in the making" on my Facebook Page




Comments

Popular Posts