english renaissance


It's been 5 years since I painted this, I was in high school and we were studying the costume history. This was the fashion composition I made for the Renaissance period. Over sized shapes and exaggerate detail in the embroidery of the dress are the leitmotif of this composition.
I still remember how long it took me to paint this one and it was around 18 hours in total, I spent 16 of them only on the dress. This was a challenge, my first so detailed work and it kind of stuck with me becoming a dominant part in my style.
The medium is watercolour as base and main shading, I used coloured crayons for some detail shading and fine line markers, silver and gold pens for the small details. The colour palette included mainly earth colours with highlights.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts